What are ‘Ashiyana Retreats’?
The idea for 'Ashiyana Retreats' has evolved from the success of our ‘Yoga Holidays’ at Ashiyana. We believe that these have proven to be so potent for our guests because they offer a unique and magical blend of elements - serene setting, beautiful accommodation, natural food, mindful movement and, most important of all, our loving embrace. These elements, combined, we call the ‘Ashiyana Experience’.
The 'Ashiyana Experience'
Our intention with Ashiyana Retreats then, is to bottle this magical formula and offer curated experiences, each with this same essence, but themed differently.
The retreats are designed to support you in becoming the best possible version of yourself, and at the deepest level this is through the invitation to relax and come home.
Our philosophy is all about dropping effort, and being in the flow.
Ashiyana is a Hindi word that means ‘home’, and everything that we offer is an invitation to relax and come home to your quiet, resting place within.
- Trips to areas of natural beauty and local, cultural interest – hikes, waterfalls, spice farms, local markets, shamanic practices, cacao ceremonies and more
- Adventures and Activities – kite surfing, SUP, kayaking, volleyball, canyonning, ziplining, dolphin trips and more
- In each of our locations, the accommodation reflects an architectural theme of the country – in the case of Goa, our design has a distinctly Rajasthani flavour, and in Brazil the design was inspired by Bahian architecture
- Healthy, nutritious and delicious buffet meals twice a day
- All day herbal tea and ginger lemon tea
- Detox & Allergy options – Ayurveda, juice, vegetarian, raw, vegan
- Nutritional Education – talks by nutritionist and printed information on bespoke nutrition
- Silent meals – encouraging calm and mindful eating
- Yoga – our primary offer
- We also offer many other forms of conscious movement – Qi Gong, Shaking, Ecstatic Dance, Dynamic Meditations, Calisthenics and more
- All that we offer is taught in a way that honours the needs of each individual, whether young, old, fit or injured
- A subtle invitation to ‘feel’ rather than think
- Opening & closing ceremonies
- Frequent sharing circles – coming together and expressing how we’re feeling within a non-judgmental setting
- Philosophical talks e.g. – who am I beyond the body-mind?
- Creative expression workshops
- Guided meditations
Giving is integral to our philosophy
There’s great wisdom in making sure that we ourselves are well; and once this is the case, we discover that we have a great desire to take care of others.
At Ashiyana, this means that we have an overriding concern for the welfare of our guests – we refer to this as holding them in a loving embrace. But we also believe in supporting those less well off than ourselves within our surrounding community, as well as supporting the health of our biosphere.
We will give a % of the net profit of every Ashiyana Retreat to our Giving Back projects, which support local causes in the areas of our retreats.
Framed by two classes of yoga a day (dynamic morning session and gentler afternoon session), this retreat offers a deep insight into our BEST ME World of wellbeing™. Our signature retreat offers a series of interactive talks which begin with inspiring you to imagine and believe in the best possible version of yourself. This requires a consideration of the full gamut of your lifestyle - relaxation, sleep, nutrition, exercise, fun, relationships, career, creativity and abundance. We will then introduce you to our unique and powerful model - HOPE, which enables the alchemical process of BEST ME. Before you leave, we will ensure that you have a very clear plan of your next steps, once you return home. This will probably include sessions with one of our expert practitioners.
For many, BEST ME Retreat™ will be the perfect way to begin your journey with us as it is so inspiring and empowering, and gives you an overview of our BEST ME World of wellbeing™.
This retreat will be held in Goa.
Immerse yourself in the depths of Yoga and learn to calm your mind, release stress, and slow down in an everfaster world. Framed by two classes of yoga a day, the morning session quite dynamic and the afternoon session much gentler, we will introduce you to our unique and powerful tool, SOAR, for mind mastery and serenity.
A beautiful blend of the ancient wisdom of Yoga, psychotherapy, CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), and a range of nurturing Eastern and Western bodywork treatments. This retreat is excellent for transmuting fear, anxiety, loneliness, stress and other troubling emotions, as well as for optimising your relationships.
Based on our unique form of ‘Ashiyana Yoga’, this retreat leaves you free to relax and take treatments for much of the day.
A wonderfully relaxing holiday, popular with those who are either new, or relatively new, to Yoga. Our teachers are all highly trained, and very gentle, so you will be completely safe and in good hands. Please remember that you don’t need to be flexible to do Yoga - if your body is a little tight that is a good reason to try Yoga ;)
Goa is becoming a famous destination for kitesurfing, and there’s nothing quite so wonderful as surfing the waves, followed by a mindful session of Ashiyana Yoga.
The wind and waves are best in February and March for experienced kite surfers, but for beginners and less experienced kite surfers the gentle sea that prevails for much of the rest of the season is just perfect.
Discover and embrace your incredible power to overcome obstacles and manifest your dreams using our unique HOPE model.
Our BEST ME Retreat™ is an introduction to our full World of wellbeing, whereas this retreat focusses specifically on manifesting your dreams. This retreat is perfect for anyone that has a clear idea of their dream/dreams, but is struggling to bring it/them into reality. There are only a few reasons why we are not manifesting our dreams, and the solution always lies in our HOPE model.