Yoga, Hiking & Adventure Retreat
12 - 19 July 2020
11 - 18 September 2020
Challenge, explore and connect…
Answer the call of the wild and journey off the beaten path with this awe-inspiring Yoga, Hiking and Adventure retreat in Brazil.
Our carefully crafted itinerary of exciting activities and mindful practices has been specifically designed to invite you out of your comfort zone. Our intention is to help you to learn more about your boundaries, whilst inspiring you to discover a deeper connection with the natural world – both around you and within you.
Ashiyana Brazil is located in Alto Paraíso (‘High Paradise’), in the magical high plains of central Brazil and at the entrance to the Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park – an area of unmatched biodiversity where some of the wildest, most incredible scenery awaits you.
Dramatic trails through 200-million-year-old rock formations; all manner of water sports in majestic rivers that have cut deep gorges through the quartz crystal bedrock; and over four hundred waterfalls to be discovered in the immediate area.
WHO IS THIS RETREAT FOR?
Anyone with a sense of adventure who wishes to reconnect more fully with themselves and nature.
The adventure activities include hiking, rafting, ziplining, abseiling and swimming, so a basic level of fitness is recommended in order for you to get the most from this experience.
Benefits of ‘Yoga, Hiking & Adventure Retreat’
Through immersion in the wild outdoors, the local culture, mindful movement and introspection, this retreat will fuel your sense of adventure and exploration, and encourage you to let go of any fear that may be holding you back in your life.
When you are inspired and empowered to create a more fun, active and healthy lifestyle for yourself, you begin to reap the benefits in all aspects of your life, and will find expansion across all levels of your being – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. You will find that you not only have increased confidence, motivation and energy, but will discover new depths of peace and enjoyment inwardly, and in the natural world around you – allowing you to live to your highest potential.
A glimpse of your day-to-day
Our Yoga, Hiking and Adventure Retreat schedule will vary dependent upon group size and availability of trips.
The schedule below shows an example of a typical week.
- Morning Yoga session followed by a hearty brunch
- Transfer to a nearby ranch for an intro talk on the day’s activity - Ziplining
- Zipline for approximately 8km through 3 waterfalls and epic scenery – will you choose to sit for the ride, or dive head-first like superman?
- Transfer back to the retreat centre for some free time with your group
- Delicious buffet dinner
- Evening guided reflections and journaling session
- Awake at sunrise and pack your bag for a full day hiking
- After an early breakfast with your group, head into Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park
- Spend the day trekking the diverse land, swimming in cool waterfalls and meditating in lush nature
- Head home for refreshments and some downtime
- Sunset buffet dinner and sharing around the firepit
- Ready yourself for a full night's sleep with an evening Restorative Yoga session
- Salute to the morning sun with a sunrise Yoga session
- Following a nourishing morning breakfast, get ready for today's activity - Canyoning
- A full day of mountaineering that includes x5 abseils and x3 jumps
- Refuel with a scrumptious evening dinner before relaxing into the evening with a movie
- Morning Yoga session followed by a delicious brunch
- Transfer to Villa de Sâo Jorge for the day's expedition - Rafting
- Spend an exciting few hours navigating class II to IV rapids with your team through the beautiful and dramatic river gorges
- Replenish your energy levels with a wholesome, filling dinner back at Ashiyana
- Prepare your body for a full night's deep rest with an evening Yoga Nidra session
- Enjoy a fun workshop learning capoeira - the Afro-Brazilian martial art form that combines elements of dance, acrobatics and music
- After brunch, hike to the iconic Loquinhas Waterfalls, located just a short distance from the retreat centre
- Spend some time meditating in nature, creating nature mandalas and taking refreshing dips in the various swimming holes
- Head back to Ashiyana in time for the Closing Circle
- Drink Cacao in Ceremony together with your group and dance to live music
- End the evening with a nourishing and delicious final dinner together
With accommodation in low-key-lux chalés
We recommend staying on for up to 3 days at the end of the retreat, to both integrate the lessons from the retreat and give you time to better explore our magical surroundings.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book any extra days.
- 7 nights accommodation at Ashiyana Brazil
- 2 delicious and healthy, buffet meals per day (brunch & dinner) with lunchtime snacks at the retreat centre, or packed lunches on activity days
- Daily Yoga or mindful movement sessions
- Guided hikes in the beautiful, surrounding nature
- 3 adventure activities (schedule may vary but will likely include rafting, canyoning and ziplining)
- Transfers to and from each adventure activity
- Guided meditations and visualisations
- Rituals and ceremonies
- Periods of silence, stillness and solitude
- Group sessions in journaling and guided self-enquiry
- Free time for rest & relaxation, sunbathing and sight-seeing
- Our support and loving embrace throughout the week
- Flights & Transfers
- Visa (if applicable)
- Extra holistic treatments / massages / private tuitions
What is an Ashiyana Retreat?
Themed retreat experiences offering the magical essence that Ashiyana is best known for - serene settings, beautiful accommodation, natural food, mindful movement and most important of all, our loving embrace.