200 hour yoga teacher training - Ashtanga Vinyasa
with Cam, Dom and Miz
Nov 4, 11, 18 online or in Copenhagen. Anatomy training.
Nov 27 - Dec 12. 15 days intensive training in Ashiyana.
Welcome to KAILO’s 200 hour foundational yoga teacher training.
Join us for a journey into the healing power of yoga and into the magic of sharing the practice. Covering the depths of yoga history, exciting philosophical topics and their application in the modern world, understanding of the body on the muscular, skeletal, neural and fascial level & of course into the soulful art of teaching. We focus on modern vinyasa yoga coming from the classical ashtanga yoga system.
This teacher training is for anyone wanting to become a teacher, or simply want to get to know more and learn all the nitty gritty of the practice and poses. Whatever your intention is, the training offers a safe space to discover your calling.
The training is offered in a hybrid version, meaning we facilitate partly in Copenhagen (or online) and partly abroad, in the motherland of yoga, India.
The Copenhagen phase takes place over 3 Saturdays in November in our studio at the heart of Copenhagen (or online if you are not located in the area). This part will be all about a deep dive into anatomy and its application in yoga. In the beginning of December we’ll travel to India and spend 2 intensive weeks on the west coast in an oasis with a beautiful Shala, delicious food and cottages close to the water and surrounded by nature.
Our 200 hour teacher training will create a container of support, that will nourish your real voice and offer you tools to translate this beautiful ancient practice into your understanding, and into whatever is honest and real to you. We can’t wait to share our love for the practice and the art of teaching with you.
By all means, this is a deep dive.
Oceans of love
- Investigate different approaches to sequence wholesome holistic classes, with principles of the classical Ashtanga sequence and the creative modern Vinyasa.
- Deepen your own practice physically (Asana), mentally (Dhyana) and energetically (Pranayama)
- Learn to establish a daily Sadhana (spiritual rituals).
- Get confident as a spaceholder.
- Meet Boney Bob, our skeleton, and geek out about yoga anatomy.
- Learn the art of adjustments, using the power of your words and therapeutical touch to adjust your future students in their Asana practice.
- Receive sprinkles of information about eg. Myofascial Integrated Alignment (MIA) theory, yin, bhakti yoga, ayurveda.
- Teachings on the art of setting boundaries as a yoga teacher, and respectfully making this ancient practice a business.
- Introduction to the ancient Yoga Sutras, and perhaps understand these bigger questions in life.
- Gather in ceremonial circles and experience for yourself the heartfelt Puja (ceremony with the local Hindu priest).
- Sit under the palm trees with your Sangha (community) exploring devotional songs and mantras.
- Spend 15 soulful nights in Ecolodges built from local hardwood and with en-suite bathrooms.
- 2 Sattvic (pure and wholesome) meals per day - post-yoga brunch and evening dinner. Inspired by the finest home-grown ingredients, unique, flavor-filled creations that fuse Indian, Nepalese and Thai recipes with western cuisine.
- Explore the local beach town with plenty of local food in close walking distance.
- Daily snacks, triple-filtered drinking water, masala chai, hot ginger lemon and a selection of herbal teas are available throughout the day.
- Explore the luscious gardens and find resting areas for sharing circles, journaling and solo contemplation. Oversized sofas, swing-benches, hammocks and shaded gazebo are hidden underneath the great Banyan trees and evergreens.
- Optional spa within the sanctuary - offering traditional Ayurvedic treatments, contemporary holistic spa therapies and bespoke wellness experiences.
- Take refreshing breaks by the on-site swimming pool - naturally self-cleaning with no chemicals.
- Discover Goan magic – endless beaches, sublime sunsets and colonial architecture.
NOV 27 - DEC 12
w. Cam & Dom
Our Indian oasis is nestled under a palm grove amidst abundant tropical flora and fauna on the unspoiled Mandrem Beach in the north of Goa. Mandrem Beach is still something of an undiscovered gem. The main road bypasses the sleepy fishing village, and the combination of turtle protection sites on the beach, together with there being no direct, public access means that the beach in front of the sanctuary remains remarkably quiet.
We’ll explore five beautiful Yoga shalas at the resort, set within peaceful gardens amidst the coconut palms. From complete intimacy to open-aired immersion in the elements, each shala is fully equipped with props, and offers its own unique flavour to the perfect setting for mindful practice.
Tucked away on the shaded banks of a meandering river and abundant tropical nature, your journey in Goa will invite you to connect not only to the lush outer nature, but to even more abundant inner nature.
NOV 4, 11 & 18
The 3 days in-depth anatomy training takes place in our studio at the heart of Copenhagen. Hidden in the quiet side street just off the main street Strøget you'll find our oasis in the basement of an old Copenhagen-building. The studio offers a spacious practice room, all the essential props, changing rooms & relaxing area with small refreshments. The main train station or city hub Nørreport Station is only 5 minutes walk away. The closest metro station is Gammel Strand, 2 min walking distance from the studio.
What you'll receive
- Skills to teach yoga classes.
- 15 nights accommodation in India, Goa incl. 2 meals & snacks.
- In-depth printed training manual.
- Free monthly unlimited membership in KAILO throughout November.
- Support group before and after the training.
- Graduation ceremony and celebration.
- The training is registered with the Yoga Alliance and you'll receive a certificate signed by your teachers.
- A reading list will be sent out when signing up for the training, a couple of essential books to buy and read + a handful of beautiful recommendations.
- A consistent yoga practice is required (min. three times a week) leading up to the training.
- You'll be asked to document your last 15 classes within different styles of yoga. Exploring the yoga scene and different teachings, as well as building up stamina.
- Get familiar with the primary series of Ashtanga and preferably attend a couple of Rocket classes.
- Start a journal minimum 2 weeks before the training.
- Written and practical assessments, in order to graduate.
Sample schedule India
This second part of your hybrid training takes place in India. The schedule below is a sample of what the days may look like, but varies day-to-day especially for the afternoons/evenings.
|MON - SAT||ACTIVITY|
|06.00 - 07.00||Meditation, mantras & pranayama|
|07.00 - 08.30||Asana practice, Vinyasa or Ashtanga|
|08.30 - 10.00||Breakfast & break|
|10.00 - 12.00||Teaching methodology|
|12.00 - 13.30||Lunch break|
|13.30 - 15.30||Asana lab|
|15.30 - 16.00||Break|
|16.00 - 17.00||Workshop, eg. ayurveda, voice activation|
|17.00 - 19.00||One-on-one, surprises, self-study|
|19.00 - 20.00||Dinner|
|20.00 - 21.00||Evening gatherings, free time or lunar practice|
|06.00 - 12.00||Free time & self-study|
|12.00 - 21.00||Regular schedule|
670 EUR non-refundable deposit is needed to secure your spot. You'll receive an e-mail when signing up regarding the setup of your payment plan (pay in installments or full payment). This room offers single beds and an en-suite bathroom. Each room possesses a distinct ‘Indonesian’ feel, built from beautiful, local hardwood and with Moroccan-inspired polished bathrooms. Expect lush and cute rooms rustically built, slightly smaller than Palm Grove, this room still offers a large balcony.
670 EUR non-refundable deposit is needed to secure your spot. You'll receive an e-mail when signing up regarding the setup of your payment plan (pay in installments or full payment). Unassuming luxury in idyllic settings, the marvellous range of Palm Grove rooms offers you slightly more comfort, over-all space and larger beds compared to the Eco Lodges. Each room is equipped with a ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom and a private balcony with gorgeous views.
All the practicals
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Tuition for 200hr teacher training & printed manual.
- India: full accommodation (incl. bed linen, bath towels & housekeeping services)
- India: Breakfast & dinner, fruits, tea and mineral water.
- 3 days intense anatomy training in Copenhagen (or online).
- 1 month free membership to KAILO throughout November
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Flights & transfers
- India: Lunch
- Denmark: food & accommodation
More than 90 days prior: deposit of 670 EUR non-refundable.
89 - 60 days prior: 2.013 EUR non-refundable.
59 - 30 days prior: 2.684 EUR non-refundable.
29 days prior to start: non-refundable.
The ‘Paraiso’ restaurant on site, will provide its famous eclectic mix of fresh, healthy and delicious cuisine. Sourced locally and organic wherever possible, the buffet-style setup offers vegetarian and vegan options. Throughout the day there will be delicious, healthy snacks, smoothies and juices to purchase at an additional cost. Filtered water & teas are available throughout the day with no extra charge. We'll accommodate any food restrictions or allergies. Lunch is not included, giving you the freedom to explore all the local foods around town.
Fill in the enquiry form below for more information and to book your place.