Ecstatic Shaking, Dance & Yin Yoga Retreat
with Lalita Marmeka
28 Feb - 8 Mar 2021
Explore heightened ecstatic states through shaking, dance and movement
Answer your body's call to MOVE. Join Lalita for a healing 7 days of shaking, dance, yoga, connected breathwork and stillness that will help you to release tension, find new freedom and revitalise your body, mind and soul.
This retreat has been created for you...everybody with a body is welcome. No shaking or dancing skill/experience is necessary – you will be guided to remember how your body naturally wants to move, to express and to let go.
Heightened arousal followed by deep relaxation are powerful co-components in initiating healing, regeneration and renewal.
Have you noticed how your hands sometimes shake when you have experienced a shock? Shaking is your body’s natural mechanism for discharging your nervous system’s response to trauma, and helps to release any tension from your body (and mind).
A regular shaking practice offers you:
- Stress / tension / trauma release
- Revitalised energy levels
- Increased levels of relaxation
- Enhanced health and wellbeing
- Newfound freedom in your body, thoughts and all aspects of your life
- Liberation from negative patterns; expectations; judgements and other limiting behaviours
- Elimination of suppressed emotions
- Reconnection with your inner child
- Physical embodiment
“When we shake ourselves to the fullest height of ecstatic expression and then fall into the deepest state of quiet, we set the stage for powerful realignment and evolution of our whole being.”
- ‘Shaking Medicine’ by Dr. Bradford Keeney
- Arrival: Sunday 28th February 2021 – check in from 2pm. Opening ceremony at 4pm.
- Departure: Sunday 8th March 2021 – check out after brunch by 10.30am.
Organiser: Lalita Marmeka
Dates: 28 Feb 2021 - 7 Mar 2021 (1 week)
Location: Goa, India
Prices: With accommodation in -
Beach Hut (single): £815
Beach Hut (shared): £710
Eco Lodge (single): £990
Eco Lodge (shared): £800
Palm Grove (single): £1090
Palm Grove (shared): £870
Raj Double (single): £1200
Raj Double (shared): £990
Non-residential spaces may be available upon request. Contact Lalita for more info.
A glimpse of your day-to-day
DURING THIS RETREAT, WE WILL
- Explore heightened ecstatic states through shaking, dancing and movement
- Dive deep into stillness with daily meditations, yin yoga and/or Yoga Nidra
- Nourish our bodies with healthy, wholesome, organic food and daily fresh coconuts
- Plenty of free time to relax on the beach, explore the local area, shop at the markets and connect with the elements in nature
- 7 nights accommodation at Ashiyana
- Twice daily, healthy organic buffet meals (brunch and dinner)
- Unlimited access to filtered water, herbal teas and Masala Chai
- ½ day off mid-week
- All retreat activities
- International or domestic flights
- Airport transfers (these can be arranged directly with Ashiyana for 2000 INR each way)
- Indian Visa
- Any extra activities or spa treatments